BY CREATING A user ACCOUNT AND USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ACCEPT THE TERMS, DO NOT LOG IN TO OR USE THE SERVICES.
By continuing to use the Services, You agree as follows:
- You are at least 18 years old or have been legally emancipated;
- You understand and agree that these Terms are a legally binding agreement and the equivalent of a signed, written contract;
- You will use the Services in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations and these Terms, as they may be amended by Salvo Health from time to time; and
If You do not agree with and accept the Terms, please discontinue all further use of the Services. Do not continue the installation process and immediately delete all installed files, if any, of the App and Platform from Your device(s).
ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT IF YOU OPT-OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SALVO HEALTH WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT BY CONTACTING LEGAL@SALVOHEALTH.COM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ACCEPTING THESE TERMS.
Effective: March 2022
Last Updated: March 2022
WHAT ARE THE SERVICES?
The Services are intended to connect Member Users managing chronic conditions with qualified healthcare providers (each, a “Salvo Provider”) and health coaches (each, a “Salvo Health Coach”) to facilitate health care and coaching services through asynchronous messaging. The Services also support ongoing symptom and wellness tracking through questionnaires and prompts, and provide access to pertinent health education content and behavioral nudges to support Member User plans of care. The Services are not intended to be used to identify emergencies.
Salvo Health strives to meet member’s needs by offering service 7 days a week during standard business hours. As such, we aim to fulfill reasonable response times to messages, including:
- 24 hours for a response from a coach or provider, and
- 1 business day turnaround for Member Support.
WHAT DOES SALVO HEALTH NOT PROVIDE?
Any medical advice provided by a Salvo Provider and/or coaching provided by a Salvo Health Coach using information from the Services is based on the personal health data You provide. If You do not provide complete and accurate personal health information, the medical advice You receive may not be accurate or appropriate.
General information available through the Services about medical conditions, symptomology, available drugs, treatment options, and other educational articles and videos is provided for general educational purposes only.
If at any time You are concerned about Your care or treatment, or You believe or suspect or someone else advises You that You have a serious or life-threatening condition, call 9-1-1 in areas where that service is available, or go to the nearest emergency room.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO USE THE SERVICES?
You must register to create an account (“User Account”) and become a registered user to access the Services. The registration process begins when You sign up for the Salvo waitlist through the Web App. From there, You will take a pre-qualification quiz that asks questions relating to Your insurance, the state where You are located, and Your health status, conditions, and symptoms. To complete registration, You must opt-in to Salvo Health marketing emails. Once We determine that You are eligible, You will receive an email inviting You to register to use the Services. To register, You must create a username and password (“Registration Data”). You will then be asked to select a Salvo Health subscription. Once You have subscribed to Salvo Health, You will provide Your first and last name, Your gender, Your phone number, and other information specified to create Your electronic health record (“EHR”). You must then download the Salvo Health App and enter Your Registration Data to log in to Your User Account and access the Services.
You may change or correct information in Your User Account by contacting Salvo Health at firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree not to register for a User Account on behalf of an individual other than Yourself unless You are legally authorized to bind such person to these Terms. By registering another person, You hereby represent that You are legally authorized to do so.
By registering for a User Account and using the Services, You represent and warrant as follows:
- You are at least 18 years old and are otherwise legally qualified to enter into and form contracts under applicable law;
- Your Registration Data is true, accurate, current, and complete;
- You will update Your Registration Data as needed to maintain its accuracy;
- You are authorized to create a User Account (either for Yourself or another person);
- You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo or that is designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
NOTE: THIS AGREEMENT IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES MAY INVOLVE OR REQUIRE THE TRANSMISSION OF SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF DATA. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DATA CHARGES THAT MAY BE CHARGED BY YOUR WIRELESS CARRIER OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER OR THAT MAY OTHERWISE ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
HOW WILL SALVO HEALTH NOTIFY YOU OF CHANGES TO THESE TERMS?
With the exception of the Arbitration Agreement (see “Dispute Resolution” section) included near the end of these Terms, Salvo Health reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time without prior notice to You. If We materially change or modify these Terms, We will let You know by (1) posting a new version of the Terms to the Platform; and/or (2) emailing a change notice to users.
If You continue to use the Services after we have informed You of the changes, You agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If You do not accept the changes, You should immediately stop using the Services and delete all files associated with the Services on Your computer and/or mobile device.
WHO OWNS THE SERVICES AND PERSONAL DATA?
Services Ownership and Use.
Salvo Health owns the Services, including all content and functionality You access through the Services. Subject to Your compliance with these Terms, Salvo Health grants You a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Services by downloading, installing, and/or accessing the App on Your mobile device and/or the Web App on Your computer.
THE SERVICES ARE FOR YOUR PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY AND YOU MAY NOT RESELL OR SUBLICENSE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. You may not use the Services for any other purpose than what is allowed under these Terms without Salvo Health’s express written permission.
You may not use Salvo Health’s name, trademarks, service marks, or logos, or those of third parties appearing on the Services in any advertising or publicity or to otherwise indicate Salvo Health’s or such third party’s sponsorship or affiliation with any product or service without express written permission from Salvo Health or such third party.
Personal Data Ownership and Use.
App Store & Google Play.
If You downloaded the App from the Apple App Store or Google Play (the “App Provider”), by agreeing to these Terms, You acknowledge that You understand and agree to the following:
- The Terms are only between You and Salvo Health, and not between You and the App Provider. Only Salvo Health (not the App Provider) is responsible for the App;
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the App;
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty: (i) You may notify the App Provider and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to You (if applicable); (ii) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and (iii) any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Our responsibility;
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims You have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or Your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation;
- In the event of any third-party claim that the App or Your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, the App Provider will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, or discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim; and
- The App Provider, and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement as it relates to Your license of the App. This means that, upon Your acceptance of these Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to Your license of the App against You.
Apple users only: If You downloaded the App from the App Store, the license granted to You in these Terms is non-transferable and is for use of the App on any Apple products that You own or control.
WHAT ARE YOU NOT ALLOWED TO DO WITH THE SERVICES?
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. In addition, We impose certain restrictions on Your use of the Services. While using the Services, You shall not:
- Provide false, misleading, or inaccurate information to Us or any other user;
- Use the Services (i) for any commercial purpose; (ii) for the benefit of any third party; or (iii) in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate Us, one of Our employees, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- Use or attempt to use any manual process, engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest, monitor, or otherwise collect information from the Services for any use, including, without limitation, use on third-party websites, without Our consent;
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party's use of the Services, including their ability to use the Services;
- Access content or data not intended for You, or log onto a server or account that You are not authorized to access;
- Violate any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries);
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the use or functionality of the Services by any other user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus, trojan horse, worm, logic bomb or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing," or "crashing";
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any uploading or posting to, or transmission, display, performance, or distribution by means of, the Services;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Post, upload, publish, submit, or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates, or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Exploit, harm, or attempt to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Us, You, or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- Attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Us in providing the Services. Any violation of this section may subject You to civil and/or criminal liability;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by Us, may harm Us or users of the Services or expose them to liability, or otherwise interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services (such conduct includes but is not limited to: hostile or aggressive language or behavior, inappropriate or sexual behavior or language, direct threats to staff or threat to take legal action); or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the above.
Salvo Health is not obligated to monitor Your use of the Services, but We may do so to ensure Your compliance with these Terms, and/or to respond to law enforcement or other government agencies if and when We are required to. Salvo Health reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your use of the Services without notice to You if You partake in any of the prohibited uses described above.
HOW SHOULD YOU PROTECT YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION?
The Services are designed to require users to create a username and password to access and use the Services. Your username and password are, collectively, Your “Account Credentials.” You are solely responsible for (i) maintaining the strict confidentiality of Your Account Credentials, (ii) not allowing another person to use Your Account Credentials to access the Services, and (iii) any and all damages or losses that may be incurred or suffered as a result of any activities that occur under Your Account Credentials, regardless of whether You were aware of those activities. You agree to immediately notify Salvo Health in writing by email of any unauthorized use of Your Account Credentials or any other compromise of the security of Your User Account.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS THAT YOU INCUR AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS, EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. WE ARE NOT AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY HARM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE THEFT OF YOUR ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS AND/OR ANY RESULTING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS, OR THE USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS BY ANOTHER PERSON OR ENTITY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU WERE AWARE OF SUCH USE.
You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Salvo Health and/or its affiliates, officers, directors, and representatives due to someone else’s use of Your User Account or Account Credentials, regardless of whether You were aware of such use.
HOW DOES SALVO HEALTH PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
We are not responsible for nor liable to You or any third party for a third party’s treatment of Personal Data, including any collection, use, disclosure, storage, loss, theft, or misuse of Personal Data, whether or not such treatment violates applicable law.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND INTERNET ACCESS
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining, and operating all software, hardware, or other equipment (collectively, "Systems") necessary for You to access and use the Services. This includes, without limitation, obtaining Internet services, using up-to-date web-browsers and the best commercially available encryption, antivirus, anti-spyware, and internet security software. You are responsible for the data security of the Systems used to access the Services and for the transmission and receipt of information using such Systems. We are not responsible for any errors or problems that arise from the malfunction or failure of the Internet or Your Systems.
THERE ARE ALWAYS CERTAIN SECURITY AND ACCESS AVAILABILITY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING OPEN NETWORKS SUCH AS THE INTERNET, AND YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME SUCH RISKS.
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS FROM SALVO HEALTH
We may send communications, including emails, to You regarding Your User Account and the Services. You can choose to filter any User Account and Services emails using Your email settings, but we do not provide an option for You to opt-out of these communications.
As a condition to joining the Salvo Health waitlist, We will ask for Your consent to use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. If You consent to receive marketing or other communications not related to Your User Account or the Services, We will provide You with the option to opt-out of such marketing communications within the applicable message.
THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, BUSINESS PRACTICES, INFORMATION, RESOURCES, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT (“Third Party Matters”) AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES OR THIRD-PARTY DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR FOR ANY HARM RELATED THERETO, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE THIRD PARTY MATTERS.
Any reference in the Services to any product, service, publication, institution, organization of any third-party entity, or individual does not constitute or imply Our endorsement or recommendation.
To the extent any features, aspects, products, or services offered through the Services are provided, in whole or in part, by third parties (“Third-Party Services” as provided by “Third-Party Service Providers”), You may be subject to additional terms and conditions. To the extent applicable, You will have the opportunity to view such terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THOSE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE RELATED THIRD-PARTY SERVICES.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
In addition to other representations and warranties contained throughout the Terms, You represent and warrant that Your use of the Services will be in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws, regulations, rules, and Salvo Health policies and procedures (to the extent such policies and procedures are communicated to You). Specifically, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO SHARE PERSONAL DATA (BELONGING TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ARE SUBMITTING SUCH PERSONAL DATA) WITH US.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SALVO HEALTH EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SALVO HEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. SALVO HEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, APPLICATION, OR MATERIALS ACCESSED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THE APPLICATION OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM SALVO HEALTH OR THROUGH THE APPLICATION OR MATERIALS, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE IN THESE TERMS.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH THE SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SALVO PROVIDERS, SALVO HEALTH COACHES, OR ANY OTHER AUTHORIZED THIRD PARTIES.
SALVO HEALTH CANNOT ALWAYS FORESEE OR ANTICIPATE TECHNICAL OR OTHER DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY RESULT IN FAILURE TO OBTAIN DATA OR LOSS OF DATA, PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS, OR OTHER SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. SALVO HEALTH CANNOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, DELETION, NON-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY USER DATA, COMMUNICATIONS, OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACK UP ANY INFORMATION YOU ENTER INTO THE APP OR PLATFORM.
Your Responsibility for Loss or Damage.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL NOT HOLD Salvo Health OR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, OR SUPPLIERS, AS APPLICABLE, RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY OF YOUR COMPUTERS, MOBILE DEVICES, OR DATA.
Limitation of Liability.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER SALVO HEALTH NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR APPLICATIONS, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS, OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SALVO HEALTH HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED IN MEETING ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES YOU ARE RECEIVING FROM A SALVO PROVIDER, YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL REMEDIES REGARDING THE PROVISION OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU USE THE SERVICES DURING OR IN RELATION TO AN EMERGENT, SERIOUS, OR LIFE-THREATENING CONDITION, SUCH USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, SALVO HEALTH’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED $100.00. ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM THE USAGE OF THE SERVICES MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT FROM WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS Salvo Health AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, CLAIM, SUIT, DAMAGE, AND EXPENSE (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, OR ANY NEGLIGENT OR WRONGFUL CONDUCT BY YOU OR RELATED TO YOUR USER ACCOUNT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THE SERVICES THROUGH YOUR USER ACCOUNT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU WERE AWARE OF SUCH USE.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
PROVIDING FEEDBACK TO SALVO HEALTH
We welcome and encourage You to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by e-mailing Us at email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree that if You submit any Feedback to Us, You grant to Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that You own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
USER ACCOUNT TERMINATION
If You breach any of these Terms, We may suspend or disable Your User Account or terminate Your access to the Services without prior notice to You. There may be other instances where We may need to terminate Your access to the Services that are not related to any of Your actions or inactions. We reserve the right to terminate Your access to and use of the Services and materials at any time, with or without cause.
If You wish to terminate Your User Account, please contact Salvo Health at firstname.lastname@example.org, immediately discontinue Your use of the Services, and delete all files associated with the Services from Your computer or mobile device.
*PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS*
You agree that any dispute between You and Salvo Health arising out of or relating to these Terms will be governed by the dispute resolution procedure outlined below. We want to address Your concerns without needing a formal legal case, so We have included a tiered dispute resolution process. This Dispute Resolution section may be modified by written agreement between You and Salvo Health.
Informal Dispute Resolution.
Before filing a claim against Salvo Health, You agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting email@example.com. Most user concerns can be resolved quickly and to Your satisfaction through email.
In the unlikely event that Our support team is unable to resolve a complaint You may have (or if We have not been able to resolve a dispute with You after attempting to do so informally), including, but not limited to, any alleged breach of these Terms, You agree to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration. Arbitration, which is often less expensive, faster, and less formal than a lawsuit in court, uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award, and may, but do not have to, award legal fees, arbitrator’s fees and costs, and other costs incurred by the party that does not win the dispute. You agree that any dispute will be exclusively, fully, and finally resolved using binding arbitration through the American Health Lawyers Association (“AHLA”).
You and Salvo Health agree to employ three (3) arbitrators (the “Panel”), where one arbitrator (1) is selected by You, one (1) arbitrator is selected by Salvo Health, and the third (3rd) arbitrator is selected by mutual consent of You and Salvo Health. If You and Salvo Health cannot agree upon the third arbitrator, the first two (2) arbitrators chosen shall select the third arbitrator. The selection decision shall be binding.
The arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or be solely based on written submissions—the specific manner to be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties. Any judgment on the award rendered by the Panel may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Any claim or dispute arising under these Terms must be initiated by arbitration within two (2) years from its accrual date. Any claim or dispute initiated two (2) years or longer from its accrual date shall be time-barred and dismissed.
Cost of Arbitration.
You and Salvo Health shall each pay 50% of all mediator and/or arbitrator costs, expenses, and fees incurred in connection with mediating and/or arbitrating under these Terms.
Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate.
Salvo Health may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Services or infringement of intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
YOU MAY ONLY RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH SALVO HEALTH ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND MAY NOT BRING A CLAIM AS A PLAINTIFF OR A CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. CLASS ARBITRATIONS, CLASS ACTIONS, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTIONS, AND CONSOLIDATION WITH OTHER ARBITRATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED UNDER THESE TERMS.
Opt Out of Alternative Dispute Resolution Process.
Notwithstanding the above, You can decline or “opt out” of the alternative dispute resolution process described above by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of first accepting these Terms and stating that You (first and last name) decline this dispute resolution process.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY NOT OPTING OUT OF THE ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS DESCRIBED, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL TO WHICH YOU MAY OTHERWISE BE ENTITLED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACTION OR LITIGATION IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS.
If You opt out of the dispute resolution process described in this section, or if any matter is otherwise determined not to be subject to such dispute resolution process, You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any state or federal court sitting in Manhattan, New York in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms. You agree that any and all claims and matters arising out of these Terms, unless subject to the dispute resolution process described above, may be heard and determined in any such court, and You hereby waive any right to object to such filing on grounds of improper venue, forum non-conveniens, or other venue-related grounds, unless such objection asserts that the claim or matter in dispute is subject to determination through the dispute resolution process described above.
GENERAL CONTRACT TERMS
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without reference to its conflict of laws provisions.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Salvo Health’s prior written consent. Any attempt by You to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. Salvo Health may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given: (i) by Salvo Health via email (in each case to the address that You provide); and/or (ii) by posting to the Platform. For notices made by email, the notice will be effective as of the date the notice is first transmitted. You agree that any notice received from Salvo Health electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such notice be in writing. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE WITH SALVO HEALTH IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT, AND NOTICE TO YOU SHALL BE DEEMED EFFECTIVE UPON THE SENDING OF AN EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS WE HAVE ON FILE.
You shall give any notice to Salvo Health by email to: email@example.com. Notice to Salvo Health shall be effective upon receipt of notice by Salvo Health.
No Inadvertent Waiver.
The failure of Salvo Health to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Salvo Health.
If any provision of these Terms is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms remain in full force, provided that the essential terms and conditions remain valid, binding, and enforceable and the economic and legal substance of the transactions contemplated by these Terms are materially preserved.
Intellectual Property Rights.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all intellectual property rights or similar proprietary rights, including (i) patent rights and utility models, (ii) copyrights and database rights, (iii) trademarks, trade names, domain names and trade dress and the goodwill associated therewith, (iv) trade secrets, (v) mask works, and (vi) industrial design rights; in each case, including any registrations of, applications to register, and renewals and extensions of, any of the foregoing in any jurisdiction in the world.
As between You and Us, all right, title, and interest, including all Intellectual Property Rights, in the Services, any related materials, logos, products, and documentation, and any other property or materials furnished or made available hereunder, and all modifications and enhancements thereof, belong to and are retained solely by Salvo Health or its licensors, vendors, and affiliates, as applicable. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Us. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If, for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Contacting Salvo Health.
Please feel free to contact Us if You have any questions about these Terms and/or any other documents referenced in these Terms. You may contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at our mailing address:
Salvo Studios, Inc.
335 Madison Avenue, Floor 3
New York, New York 10017
Data Security Officer:
Salvo Studios, Inc.
335 Madison Avenue, Floor 3
New York, New York 10017